Thursday 15 February 2018

Accept God's will and process against all else — My testimony (part 1)

Be careful what you ask God for. Yes!

In 2004 after writing my jamb, i remember vividly that I had to pray for God's will to be done and for Him to lead me through the right path as regard the right course to study in the university. Funny, that was after I have written the jamb and my first and second choice was Medicine and Dentistry, Uniben. I believe must have laughed and muttered,"are sure you want my will? Are you sure, my son?"
I completely forgot about the revelation I had in 2003 which I never gave careful thought to until 11 years later (2014).
I ask God that I wanted His will be done during one retreat.
That year, I was disappointed by my Aunty in Uniben...she never called me that admission has started...even after it ended that year. When I was told I was depressed.
That was how I took yellow form and saw my self in AAU...and the shocking part of it, I was admitted into physics education (a new programme then).

Immediate I called a cousin, who told me to stay put for I wanted to reject the offer since its not medicine or engineering that I desired.

I was scared!
I was like "education?"...to become a teacher!
I asked God but I am a stammerer. How will I teach children? How will I teach people and not stutter for I was really slow in speech. I have not taught anyone be it classmates or family members.

A friend of mine who was given admission in 2005,p said then that I should reject it. He wanted me to write the following year and pursue my interest...don't blame him, we have always dream to be medical doctors for years...
I accepted the admission believing I will switch or transfer to the course of my interest in 200level. But, all doors were closed. I was stuck! The option I had was to write Jamb again and forfeit my 2 years in AAU.
Sadly, that trend of mine never gained admission even after trying thrice. He had to settle for College of Education in 2008...after rejecting an admission into Micro Biology in 2005 and mocking my inability to stand for my very own desire - medicine.

God banished my fears! My mother was worried when it was time for Teaching Practice. But God did it! That was when I realised that it was His will. I began to discover the Joy within that chose not to consider. I began to discover how swimmingly and fulfilling it was to be part of the building process of an individual. At Iyoba Girls College (2006), it was an awesome time.
Less I forget, I didn't stammer again. Or rather, it was not there when I step out to teach. Shyness and fear disappeared when I am called to deliver. There was joy unspeakable!

When you are on the path that God wants you to be, it becomes His RESPONSIBILITY to make sure you succeed. When you are not, you are on your own.

I am npot done!
Gradually, I was groomed to face crowds. I was groomed to teach. I was groomed in philosophy, psychology etc. I saw the need to study more.

Do you know all these, were part of me initially? I was carried away by my own interest.
I would have rejected the offer then and still remain very timid, shy, fearful of my stammering and self limited if not for God through Physics Education...you know teacher meet people a lot. So there can't be room for the aforementioned.

That was not all!
2014, when I got the call back by God to do His work, I discovered that it would have been difficult if not that I went through the process He chose. Actually, it would have been tough! God have it all planned out from the very beginning.
The revelation of 2003 ( which was my call to ministry) and the course in education are connected. The course in education was a brooding and refining process, the process still continues though!
God made me a better person today! Those that knew me then are still in surprise!
Praise God!
That was my story!

Be careful what you ask God for. If you want Him to lead, He will lead! If you want His will to be done, it will be done. It will be in process. But are you ready to accept the path and process? Are you willing to let go of the old wine?

I have never written this story of mine before, but I pray it blesses your soul

Apostle Julius Ikhide-Iyke Etaifo
NOGM

No comments:

Post a Comment